Justin Etheredge shares his thoughts about exceptions handling in .NET.
Dino Esposito has a very interesting post about the differences between testability and testing.
Scott Mitchell has a very nice article about using the new routing module in .NET 3.5 SP1 without ASP.NET MVC.
A new version of AJAX Control Toolkit is available. It contains three new controls (HTMLEditor, ComboBox and ColorPicket), HTMLEditor being one of the controls I have been waiting for a long time.
Eric Lippert shows what is the semantic difference between null and empty. He also explains why we don’t have the ForEach sequence operator extension method.
The ADO.NET Team continues the Sneak Preview series. Please find below the complete list of posts:
- Sneak Preview: Persistence Ignorance and POCO in Entity Framework 4.0
- Sneak Preview: Model First in the Entity Framework 4.0
- Sneak Preview: Deferred Loading in Entity Framework 4.0
- Sneak Preview: N-Tier development with Entity Framework 4.0
- Sneak Preview: Model Defined Functions
- Sneak Preview: Entity Framework 4.0 Testability Improvements
- Sneak Peek – Using Code Generation Templates with the Entity Framework 4.0
Moses has a very interesting post about his implementation for Entity Framework 1.0 of a eager loading mechanism similar to DataLoadOptions in LINQ directly to ObjectContext versus the default ObjectQuery<T>.Include(string) mechanism.
Betrand Le Roy has a nice post about the use of setInterval versus the use of setTimeout.
Visual Studio 2010
Jason Zender has a great post with all the details about the release of Visual Studio 2010 Beta 1 and .NET Framework 4.0 Beta 1.